Most people agree that societal values like fairness and integrity should be prized and upheld, especially in the workplace. Unfortunately, not every employer abides by these tenants. And some even go as far as breaking the law.If you believe you’re a victim of workplace misconduct, a Temecula employment lawyer at the Law Office of John Dalton can help you. When employers take advantage of their employees, our skilled employment law advocates are there to set things right. With decades of experience securing significant settlements and verdicts for victims of every type of workplace misconduct—from wrongful termination to sexual harassment—we are committed to helping you obtain the justice you deserve. If you believe you are a victim, the first step is to call us. We will review your case, walk you through your options, and help ensure you resolve your case successfully.
What Can an Employment Attorney in Temecula, CA, Do for Me?
A skilled employment law attorney can guide you through a wide range of employment issues. During an initial consultation, we will evaluate your case, explain confusing legal jargon, and advise you on the best action. Depending on the direction you decide to take, we can then represent you in employer negotiations, or fight for you in court as your advocate, ensuring your best interests are at the forefront. We will help you file a claim with the appropriate authorities and we will file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
From the get-go, we will work tirelessly to gather evidence that strengthens your case, from witness testimonies to essential documents. We will ensure you meet all filing deadlines and follow filing procedures, tasks that can confuse employees unfamiliar with the legal system. Finally, but of equal importance, knowing you have an advocate fighting for your rights can lessen the stress and anxiety associated with workplace issues. Essentially, we are not just a legal advisor but a committed advocate in your quest for justice.
What Kind of Cases Does a Temecula Employment Lawyer Handle?
An employment lawyer handles a wide range of workplace-related issues. The following are a few of the common types of cases John Dalton handles.
- Sexual harassment. This type of harassment can include unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, offensive remarks about a person’s sex, and other verbal, physical or visual harassment.
- Discrimination. It is illegal to discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, and other protected classes.
- Whistleblower cases. Whistleblower laws protect employees who report illegal or unethical activities within their organization, and it is unlawful to retaliate against an employee for reporting such workplace violations.
- Wrongful termination. Most California employment is at-will, which means employers can fire workers at any time for any lawful or even no reason. But when an employer fires an employee in violation of the law, or for discriminatory or other unlawful reasons, it is considered a wrongful termination.
- Hostile work environment. A hostile work environment occurs when a supervisor, manager, or co-worker’s words or actions are so pervasive (common) or severe that it negatively impacts an employee’s ability to do their work.
- Wage and hour laws. These cases often involve unpaid overtime, minimum wage violations, and improper wage deductions.
- Employment contracts. Whether an employee wants to negotiate an employment contract or believes their employer breached an employee contract, an employment lawyer can help clarify terms and advocate for their interests.
- Family and medical leave. Employment lawyers can help with disputes related to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or other leave-related issues.
Workplace complaints can also involve disability or age discrimination, workplace safety, and other issues. Whatever your hardship, when you hire us, you’ll get expert guidance and help navigating the system, ensuring your rights are protected throughout the process.
The Law Office of John Dalton: The First Call Makes All the Difference
Trust is more than a word; it’s a practice. At the Law Office of John Dalton, we are proud of the high rapport we establish with our clients. When you call us, you’ll talk directly to a skilled employment lawyer who values open and honest communication. Our attorneys work to ensure that you receive personalized attention, and we work to develop legal strategies targeted to your specific concerns. With decades of practice under our belts and a history of substantial settlements and verdicts, the Law Office of John Dalton is the go-to Temecula employment attorney. We offer extensive experience, a compassionate approach, and the utmost professionalism.So, if you think you’re a victim, don’t hesitate. Reach out to us today. When you have your first consultation, we will discuss your case and look at possible first steps towards resolving it effectively. You deserve a strong and dependable legal advocate you can count on to fight for the justice you deserve. And you will find such an advocate at the Law office of John Dalton.