If You Were Mistreated By Your Employer, Call John W. Dalton Today At 866-471-7810 For A Free Case Evaluation!

An employee being harassed by his employer in Palm Springs.

A Palm Springs employment lawyer should be well-versed in handling labor disputes involving wages, workplace safety, discrimination, and wrongful termination. When workplace problems occur, it’s helpful to contact an employment attorney. An employment lawyer can explain both sides’ rights and duties and help you resolve your legal issues.

John Dalton can help if you’re facing a labor dispute. John is an experienced, compassionate Palm Springs employment lawyer who has helped employees understand whether their employer violated their rights and if taking further action is desirable. John prides himself on the trust he forges with clients and is here to help you with your employment dispute every step of the way. Contact us today.

What Types of Employment Disputes Does the Law Offices of John Dalton Represent?

Employees deserve a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. This is why the Law Offices of John W. Dalton is dedicated to protecting your rights. We’re here to support you through the process, whether through consultations, administrative procedures, informal negotiations, or litigation. Whatever it takes, we can help you achieve the justice you deserve.

The Law Offices of John W. Dalton represents clients dealing with employment law disputes, including:

When these and other injustices occur, you may be able to file a retaliation or discrimination report or a civil lawsuit against the party involved, putting an end to further harassment while also potentially collecting any compensation you may be entitled to.

We can also assist you in filing complaints with other administrative agencies such as;

In some cases, prompt filing is essential to a successful employment claim. If you even think your employer is violating your rights, contact the Law Offices of John W. Dalton immediately. We can help you petition for relief and file with the right commission or department.

Can I File a Complaint Against My Employer and Still Work for Them?

California employees have the right to file a complaint against an employer or sue without being retaliated against. Certain protections, like the Sarbanes Oxley Act, allow particular California employees to sue their employers in federal court if the employer wrongfully terminates or otherwise retaliates against them for reporting potential unlawful conduct.

California whistleblower protection laws also prohibit employers from retaliating against workers who come forward to report suspected violations of laws, regulations, and public policy. Examples include:

  • An employee reporting sexual harassment, or any other discriminatory conduct;
  • An employee reporting California wage/hour law or other labor board complaints to the Labor Commissioner;
  • An employee reporting suspected violations of a law or regulation to a supervisor who has the authority to investigate the violation;
  • An employee who reports an employer’s suspected criminal activity to a government or law enforcement agency; or
  • A public employee who reports economically careless, ineffectual, or inefficient activity to the California State Auditor.

Whistleblower retaliation sometimes takes the form of wrongful termination. But more subtle forms of whistleblower retaliation also include:

Changing an employee’s hours;

Giving the employee undeserved write-ups;

Overly scrutinizing the employee’s work;

  • Failure to promote an employee when a promotion is merited,
  • Demoting an employee when a demotion isn’t deserved,
  • Denying an employee access to training or professional development opportunities,
  • Threatening to turn an employee into ICE when the employee threatens a labor complaint.

If you report a violation and are a victim of retaliation, you can sue your employer. However, it’s very important to discuss your options with an employment lawyer first. Once there is an attorney involved there are other possibilities, like speaking with your employer’s management and HR and filing a claim with the EEOC or DFEH. It’s also a good idea to collect evidence of employer mistreatment, including emails, text messages, and contact information of potential witnesses, to support your claims if you and your legal practitioner decide to move forward with a lawsuit. Remember. it is extremely important to consult with a Palm Springs employment attorney before you do anything.

Palm Springs Employment Attorney John Dalton Can Help

You might be entitled to significant penalties and damages if your employer violated California employment laws. The Law Offices of John W. Dalton can assess your case, explain your potential damages, and help you decide the best course of action to achieve your maximum benefits. We’re here to fight for you and help you attain the justice you deserve.

Contact Us

Contact us today for a consultation with John Dalton.

Our experienced lawyer also handles other types of employment cases, including: